Removing revisions?

Dec 19, 2008 at 3:58 AM
Hi there,

I recently signed up for a new codeplex project, and being a beginner at this svn stuff i did lots of checkins! So now i have like 30 Revisions which is pretty bad as each revision as a little change... So i was wondering how can i remove all the revisions and just leave 1 revision... I thought it might be something to do with the MERGE option but i am unsure..

I am using Visual SVN (which uses tortoise svn),

I thought i might be able to do it on the website under source code, but i am a little confused

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Ian
Dec 19, 2008 at 4:24 AM
Hi Ian,

This isn't supported as we cannot delete changesets from TFS. Don't worry about the number of revisions you have, it doesn't really matter :)

Matt
Dec 31, 2008 at 3:34 AM
I am also new to using CodePlex and wondered something...  Do you see any major differences between using VisualSVN over the TFS client?  I tried using the TFS client but since it won't cache my credentials it became extremely frustrating each time I opened the project to have to enter in my credentials.

Mostly I am worried that using VisualSVN has some negative side effects in dealing with a TFS backend server.

Thanks.

Chris
Dec 31, 2008 at 9:27 PM
There is a way to save your password for the TFS client that you could try: http://www.codeplex.com/CodePlex/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Using%20TFS%20and%20Team%20Explorer%20with%20CodePlex&referringTitle=CodePlex%20Documentation#Password

We've generally heard very positive things from people using VisualSVN, so if you find the TFS client frustrating then I'd definitely recommend you try out VisualSVN to see if it works better for you.
Aug 24, 2009 at 9:44 AM
matthaw wrote:
Hi Ian,

This isn't supported as we cannot delete changesets from TFS. Don't worry about the number of revisions you have, it doesn't really matter :)

Matt

TFS do not support this. So Does it possible to delete unused revisions through CodePlex website?

Aug 24, 2009 at 6:19 PM
dylanwind wrote:
matthaw wrote:
Hi Ian,

Matt

TFS do not support this. So Does it possible to delete unused revisions through CodePlex website?

It is not possible as the revisions are stored in TFS.

Thanks,
-Colin