Help with Sample Files

Nov 13, 2008 at 12:31 AM
I don't know if anyone out there can help me.  But, when I contacted CodePlex they said they do not support the site and I should submit my questions to the Discussion Group.......

I am a complete novice to SQL although I have been a database programmer using Access for years.  I am studying for my SQL exams and am using a book (like most) that use the AdventureWorks as the sample files.  I notice that many of the sample files said they could not be used on the SQL Server 2005 Express.  However, I did not see that restriction on the first download selection, so that is the file I downloaded.  It installed automatically,  Then when I tried to attach it I received this message.                                                                                          

Msg 5120, Level 16, State 101, Line 1
Unable to open the physical file "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\AdventureWorks_Data.mdf". Operating system error 5: "5(Access is denied.)".

DOES THAT MEAN I CANNOT USE THE FILES ON THE SQL SERVER 2005 EXPRESS??  If so, are there any other sample files for the Adventure Works I can use that are compatible with the SQL Server 2005 Express.

Please Help ... anyone!

Nov 13, 2008 at 3:36 AM
Hi cberghuis,

This is the CodePlex site discussion list, and won't get an answer to your question. I recommend posting it on the SQL Server Samples discussion list.

Sorry for the troubles,
Matt
Nov 13, 2008 at 3:57 AM
Thanks. I will give it a try.

To: ahh_pooh@hotmail.com
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 19:36:54 -0800
Subject: Re: Help with Sample Files [CodePlex:39815]

.ExternalClass {font-family:Verdana;font-size:0.75em;} .ExternalClass #EC_ThreadNotificationFooter {border-top:1px solid #ccc;color:gray;} .ExternalClass #EC_ThreadNotificationPostBody {margin-bottom:2em;} .ExternalClass {font-family:Verdana;font-size:0.75em;} .ExternalClass #EC_ThreadNotificationFooter {color:gray;border-top:1px solid #ccc;} .ExternalClass #EC_ThreadNotificationPostBody {margin-bottom:2em;} From: matthaw
Hi cberghuis,

This is the CodePlex site discussion list, and won't get an answer to your question. I recommend posting it on the SQL Server Samples discussion list.

Sorry for the troubles,
Matt
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (CodePlex@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email CodePlex@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com