features in "PEOPLE"

May 22, 2012 at 9:02 AM

I brought up this issue once before and I haven't really heard anything back then.  So, I would like to ask you again:

I don't understand why you (CodePlex) don't allow the same person to keep different roles.   I'm a developer and and an owner of the project.  At the time of submission, I was registered as a coordinator (License editor).  The CodePlex system doesn't allow for me to add myself as a developer as well.  

I understand I will have to delete my current role and then add as a developer role if I desire.  But I guess I just don't know why this feature is limited this way and trying to understand if there is any specific reason for this.  

If the project is developed, published, and managed by one person, why shouldn't the same individual register himself/herself for both (or more if necessary) roles???

I'd appreciate if anyone can help me to understand this matter.

May 22, 2012 at 1:25 PM

The roles are based on project permissions, not exact roles of your project. There's a link to the allowed permissions on the team management page that you can view to see what the differences are.