What other features of TFS will CodePlex have?

Jul 6, 2006 at 5:02 AM
Apart from work item tracking and source control, what other features of Team Foundation Server are on the roadmap for integration?
Jul 6, 2006 at 5:45 AM
The answer depends a lot on the demands of CodePlex users. As much as possible we try to base our priorities on user feedback. Though some TFS features (such as Team Build) would have significant technical challenges to enable for the site.
Jul 6, 2006 at 6:20 AM
Lol, because I was going to say, Team Build would be a great feature heh.

But what about things like... Checkin policies? I noticed that we can't change a lot of our project options in TFS explorer.
Jul 18, 2009 at 9:22 PM

From what I've seen, it is still impossible to set checkin policies on CodePlex TFS projects.

Am I wrong? Is there a way to set a checkin policy?

If I'm right, is it about to change any time soon?

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:23 AM

Checkin policies aren't supported.  We don't have adding support for checkin policies on our short term list, but you could log it as a feature request and we can see how many votes it receives which would increase the priority for us.

Sep 22, 2009 at 4:16 PM

A way to view diffs between Change Sets / Checkins on the website. Or at a minimum display diffs of the specified checkin.

For instance, by going to this link how are we suppose to view only the changes that was applied for a specified change set ? I presumed this would be a basic feature, but for the life of me cant figure out how to do this on the CodePlex project Source Code page.

I dont know TFS, so I'm not sure if that is even supported. I know this is a standard feature on Git, for instance using the "commitdiff" link on this git hosted project.

Beyers

Sep 25, 2009 at 9:59 PM
bcronje wrote:

A way to view diffs between Change Sets / Checkins on the website. Or at a minimum display diffs of the specified checkin.

For instance, by going to this link how are we suppose to view only the changes that was applied for a specified change set ? I presumed this would be a basic feature, but for the life of me cant figure out how to do this on the CodePlex project Source Code page.

I dont know TFS, so I'm not sure if that is even supported. I know this is a standard feature on Git, for instance using the "commitdiff" link on this git hosted project.

Beyers

This is a standard feature of TFS, just connect with Team Explorer to your project, click on source control, then right click on your project and select 'View History'.

If you would like to see this feature as a part of the CodePlex website you should vote on this feature in our issue tracker.

Sep 26, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Thank you for pointing out the issue tracker link. I voted and urge others to vote as well :)