Where did "Create Issue from this Discussion" go?

Aug 25, 2008 at 5:41 PM
I badly miss this link.  Terribly useful for taking end user bugs posted to the discussion boards and converting them to a tracked issue...
Aug 25, 2008 at 6:30 PM
Well, we try to avoid feature bloat by not only adding new features, but also looking for features that get minimal usage and removing them.  The “Convert to work item” feature was one of our own ideas (not a user requested feature), and the usage was low so we decided to remove it.  Most of the time when we’ve removed a feature no one has noticed, but we’ve received a few comments about this one, so maybe we need to add it back in.
Sep 4, 2008 at 2:12 PM
I second that motion :)

Although maybe other people didn't use it because it wasn't clear what it would do and how much control they would have over the result.  It would be nice if you would add it back in, but this time allow the user to enter the message that should appear in the related discussions post (maybe this would be better as a global project setting) and also provide a link from the new issue back to the original discussion.  I find myself doing that manually anyway.

BTW, since the discussions area has always been a much better place to discuss an issue than the comments area, due to its oversimplified nature, a feature to associate a discussion with one or more work items and visa-versa would be awesome.  I'd like to see a Related Work Items list at the top of each discussion and a Related Discussions list near each work item.  I wouldn't mind if you got rid of the work item comment feature as well - you could even convert existing comments into a new discussion.

- Dave