Q on Metabuilder's GroupedDropDownList - asp:ListItem doesn't know 'Group'

Jun 21, 2008 at 1:34 AM
I'm new here and have been coming up to speed on ASP.NET. Building a few websites and am trying to use the Metabuilders libs as they are free and offer some neat functionality.
I'm perplexed though on their 'latest' release of 2007 that has a GroupedDropDownList but when I try to use it the docs say to use the asp:ListItem within and shows using a Group attribute for the grouping but, of course, VS 2008 or ASP.NET 2.0/3.5 doesn't know of this attribute.
How is this supposed to have ever worked? Or, as a newbie, am I missing something obvious?
Any help for this urgent midnight deadline project is appreciated ! :)
Jun 22, 2008 at 1:30 AM
tjwin,
  I do not know if your missing something or not I am having similiar problems as you.  Hope somebody can answer both of our questions.

tjwin wrote:
I'm new here and have been coming up to speed on ASP.NET. Building a few websites and am trying to use the Metabuilders libs as they are free and offer some neat functionality.
I'm perplexed though on their 'latest' release of 2007 that has a GroupedDropDownList but when I try to use it the docs say to use the asp:ListItem within and shows using a Group attribute for the grouping but, of course, VS 2008 or ASP.NET 2.0/3.5 doesn't know of this attribute.
How is this supposed to have ever worked? Or, as a newbie, am I missing something obvious?
Any help for this urgent midnight deadline project is appreciated ! :)

Jun 22, 2008 at 2:24 AM
I didn't see any intellisense picking up the Group= for the asp:ListItem but it compiled and ran. So, I had to add these listitems programmatically and yet there's no Group or OptionItem whatever. I saw in their docs that the DataGroupField was what they used (and looked at the source) and saw they added it on to the asp:listitem as an attribute named "group". Great, so I started using that but see how right away after the first binding the grouping gets lost. I'm just about giving up.