Fixed-width Layout Issue

Dec 20, 2011 at 6:50 PM

I'm not sure if this has been logged yet, but you have an issue with the fixed-width layout.  If you're comparing a file to its previous version or an earlier variation thereof, you're able to maximize the window, but the code itself maintains the fixed-width, except the right pane overflows to the right, and the left pane overflows underneath the right pane.  This error occurs in Internet Explorer and Firefox, I haven't tested it in any other browsers.

This error renders the code that overlaps illegible.

Here is a file that demonstrates this error perfectly.

I think one thing that would be beneficial, given the small area available for the source code browsing, is allowing users to browse the source tree in a larger view, and perhaps allowing the code views to expand to their full size, and utilize the maximize potential of the window they're presented in.  Further, allowing people to turn off the fixed-width nature of the website might be useful for people with large format displays around 30" at 2560x1600.

Feedback welcome.

Dec 21, 2011 at 5:27 AM

I tried looking at the linked file in various browsers at various resolutions, and all of them seemed fine so I'm having trouble reproducing the issue you describe.  Could you make a screenshot?

The source code browser renders in full width now, try it out and let me know what you think.

Dec 21, 2011 at 11:00 AM
Edited Dec 21, 2011 at 11:02 AM

The issue was with the fixed width aspect of the website, since the main display was was being coerced into a fixed width, but the individual source panes were taking up half the available window space, there was an overlap that occurred.  Since you made it full width, the issue is no longer reproducible on my end either: I can't take a screenshot of an issue that is now fixed.