CodePlex available today?

Jun 28, 2006 at 12:32 AM
According to CNet News, CodePlex was supposed to launch out of Beta today (or maybe next Tuesday, it's kind of ambiguous). Here's the article:

I'm guessing since the work day is over in Redmond, this isn't happening today. Will it be next Tuesday, or is CNet just mis-informed?
Jun 28, 2006 at 2:32 AM
The article is correct, today marks the day that we have finished our Beta. Over the beta period we focused hard to eliminate the most troublesome bugs and the biggest areas of user dissatisfaction with the site.

From this point we will release a new version of the site every three weeks to continue to incorporate more improvements and any resolve any issues. You can watch the version number displayed in the bottom right corner to see when a new version has been released.
Jun 28, 2006 at 5:31 AM
However, project creation will still remain moderated, correct?
Jun 28, 2006 at 6:46 AM
Yes, for the time being we're still queuing the project creations. Though to be clear, queuing them is different from moderating them because we're accepting all projects (except things like requests to create test projects).

We're accelerating the pace that we create new projects, but we felt we still needed to control the pace for a while to ensure our scaling up of the site stays ahead of the pace of new projects.
Jun 28, 2006 at 1:10 PM
Oh, I didn't know it was a queue. I submitted a project request when I first heard about this site, but it seemed to me that you wanted something that was more community driven. I may submit an idea again (my new idea would probably be community driven).