Sandcastle/Docproject explicit interface implementation documentation

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Hello folks,

can anybody help me with this problem?

I am documenting a class that explicitly implements the IComparer(T) interface (the T being a DateTime structure). The class also contains a static method for creating an instance of the class. I've documented the class and both methods but the documentation for the explicit implementation of the IComparer.Compare() method doesn't appear in the resultant chm but it does appear in the Xml documentation generated by Visual Studio. Am I missing something obvious here? Is there some sort of switch I should be setting? I've searched the internet as far as I can but I can't see anything that applies. By the way I'm using Sandcastle and DocProject to generate the documentation.

I've included the class definition code below (C#)

/// <summary>
    /// This class is used to compare DateTime structures and implements the <see cref="IComparer{T}"/> 
    /// interface.
    /// </summary>
    internal class DateTimeComparer : IComparer<DateTime>
    {

#region IComparer<DateTime> Members

/// <summary>
        /// This is the Compare method of the <see cref="IComparer{T}"/> interface. It compares
        /// two instances of the <see cref="DateTime"/> structure and returns the result to the caller.
        /// </summary>
        /// <param name="x">The first <see cref="DateTime"/> structure to be compared.</param>
        /// <param name="y">The second <see cref="DateTime"/> structure to be compared.</param>
        /// <returns>Less than zero if x is earlier the y, zero if x is the same as y or greater than zero if x is later the y.</returns>
        int IComparer<DateTime>.Compare(DateTime x, DateTime y)
        {
            return DateTime.Compare(x, y);
        }

#endregion

/// <summary>
        /// This method creates and returns an instance of the <see cref="DateTimeComparer"/> class.
        /// </summary>
        /// <returns>An instance of the <see cref="DateTimeComparer"/> class.</returns>
        public static DateTimeComparer GetDateTimeComparer()
        {
            return new DateTimeComparer();
        }
    }
Any help on this one greatly appreciated.
RobDev01