Filtering Issue Type

May 21, 2011 at 9:09 AM

How am I supposed to filter issues which are opened or active but not yet fixed only?

May 22, 2011 at 5:47 PM

In the advanced view you can multi-select both Open and Active.

May 22, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Thanks for the reply, but that's not what I meant. Selecting opened and/or active would include opened, active, and FIXED issues.

However, I want to be able to see opened/active issues which are NOT yet fixed ONLY. I don't want fixed issues to be included. For example, I've tried in here http://stylecop.codeplex.com/workitem/list/advanced, and it still includes fixed issues which I want to exclude.

Or to be precise, how to exclude fixed issues from being shown when filtering with opened/active issues?

May 23, 2011 at 12:04 AM

So sounds like you want to see Proposed and Active issues?  In that case you can select those two options in the multi-select list.  Here is a direct link to that filter.

Thanks,
-Colin

May 23, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Ah, IC. You're right, Colin, that's what I meant. I just want to see opened/active issues that is not yet fixed.

The term used in issue status is confusing for me. Is there any documentation on what those every status mean, especially including combination of them?

Thanks!

May 23, 2011 at 1:03 AM

Also I wonder why a fixed issue is also stated as opened? Shouldn't it be stated as closed?

May 23, 2011 at 1:12 AM

Well projects use them differently, but this is how the CodePlex team uses them:

Proposed (initial state): Backlog item to be worked on in the future.
Active: Developer is currently working on the issue or feature.
Fixed: Development finished, waiting to be tested.
Closed: Deployed and tested.

A lot of other projects just simply use Proposed and Closed.

Thanks,
-Colin

May 23, 2011 at 4:24 AM

IC. It seems the terms used are quite different than I have in mind, especially the distinction between proposed and active, and between fixed and closed.

Thanks for the explanation.