Create a New Project in IronPython Studio on Vista Home Premium

Apr 11, 2008 at 7:01 AM
I have done it several times, and not successfully. Finally, I uninstalled everything, and do it from fresh, and still not successfully in Creating a New Project.

referenced to the link
http://www.codeplex.com/IronPythonStudio/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=19180

(1) I have done the regedit for
HKEYLOCALMACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer
Set AlwaysInstallElevated value to "1"
I have not done for
HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer
because I could not locate the Installer directory.

(2) I have successfully installed Visual Studio 2008 Shell Redistributable Package (Isolated Mode), Run as Administrator.
(3) I have also successfully installed IronPython Studio.

(4) However, when I File->New->Project->Windows Application, or Class Library or Console Application or WPF Application
Name as WindowsApplication1, then click OK button, it gives the persistent message below:
Could not find any resource appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.
Make sure "Microsoft.VisualStudio.Package.SecurityWarningDialog.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "IronPythonProjectBase" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

(5) I have no problem with File->Open->Project/Solution, which I have created from the other IronPython Studio on my other machine with Windows XP (SP4)

Sincerely,
Thiam Huat
Apr 11, 2008 at 7:10 AM
I have done it several times, and not successfully. Finally, I uninstalled everything, and do it from fresh, and still not successfully in Creating a New Project.

referenced to the link
http://www.codeplex.com/IronPythonStudio/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=19180

(1) I have done the regedit for
HKEYLOCALMACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer
Set AlwaysInstallElevated value to "1"
I have not done for
HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer
because I could not locate the Installer directory.

(2) I have successfully installed Visual Studio 2008 Shell Redistributable Package (Isolated Mode), Run as Administrator.
(3) I have also successfully installed IronPython Studio.

(4) However, when I File->New->Project->Windows Application, or Class Library or Console Application or WPF Application
Name as WindowsApplication1, then click OK button, it gives the persistent message below:
Could not find any resource appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.
Make sure "Microsoft.VisualStudio.Package.SecurityWarningDialog.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "IronPythonProjectBase" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

(5) I have no problem with File->Open->Project/Solution, which I have created from the other IronPython Studio on my other machine with Windows XP (SP4)

Sincerely,
Thiam Huat