Additional Status

Jun 25, 2006 at 5:34 PM
It would be very nice to have additonal status flags. I would like to see

• Proposed
  • Open
  • Active
  • Resolved
  • Closed

Still a simple list but allowing for more flexibility so that a feature can be placed in as proposed and transition.

The specific instance that brought this up is a task is often created and may not be assigned because it is a community space and thus someone who has the time and interest will take up the task. It's open but not active because no one is working on it. I'd be nice to be able to change the state to active when someone has taken ownership and is actively working on it.

Resolved and closed work well for defect tracking. A developer can mark as resolved and someone else must close through independent validation (QA Process).

Last question--- should feature requests be placed here for CodePlex team to then decide to add to work items as features or tasks or should they be filed directly into the issue system as a feature??? I suspect the former.

Thanks,
Michael Ruminer
Jun 25, 2006 at 7:11 PM
Hello Michael,

Thanks for the suggestion and detailed explanation. We'd actually prefer things to be directly logged in the issue tracker. If you had some questions or wanted to talk about something first, the discussion forum is good, but otherwise there isn't any reason for it not to go straight to the tracker.

Our team has a weekly meeting where we go through the tracker and pick out which items we'll work on that week.
Jun 25, 2006 at 7:57 PM
Thanks. I'll transfer this to the tracker.