Oracle connection

Mar 19, 2008 at 11:53 PM
I am using the Microsoft.Sdc.Tasks.sql. Can it be used for running scripts on Oracle at all?? The aim here is to connect to oracle 10G database and run a script (stored in .sql file). When I pass in the connection string with Driver=...., I get an error "Keyword driver not supported"; if I pass in Provider=....... in the connection string, I get the error "keyword Provider not supported". What is the expected format of the connection string?
Mar 28, 2008 at 9:14 PM
Hi there,

I'm also looking for the ability to query Oracle as well. I looked into it, and based on looking at the assembly through Reflector it looks like they are using the SqlServer specific objects in the SqlServer.ScriptExecutor class. At first this sounds fine, however, in the Sql.Execute they seem to explicitly reference that ScriptExecutor and use static methods. It would have been nice if they would have implemented a Factory Pattern to retrieve the appropriate ScriptExecutor. Then we would have been able to implement our own ScriptExecutor and be on our way.

Request to the Team. Could someone look at adding the ability to execute using Odbc. Preferably also provide us the ability to create our own ScriptExecutors and have them used by Sql.Execute.

Thanks much,
Tom