Work item attachments

Nov 11, 2010 at 5:48 AM

As if it wasn't bad enough the TFS servers go down constantly, now there is a limiter on how large a single file can be when attached to work items?

I've had a well defined process for testing patches for work items, getting them checked by everyone that is affected by the work item, and now I have no way of doing any of it. The smallest copy of the assembly on my project is 69k, and according to the error I saw in Visual Studio, the limit is set to 65k.

I'm not sure about other project owners, or how much effort they put into putting out stable copies of their software... but when you're supporting both 32 and 64-bit platforms including every Windows desktop and server operating system since Windows 2000, allowing everyone involved to test the patch before it gets applied is a must. My project wraps the entire Win32 RAS API, which there is no way I can test it by simply running the code on my box, even with the 4 virtual machines I have running as a lab environment for automated unit tests.

Are there any plans to change this, or is it just going to be yet another thing we have to deal with for CodePlex to host our projects?

Nov 11, 2010 at 6:29 PM

The file size limit on work item attachments is 4MB.  There haven't been any changes to that so you should have no problems attaching a 69k file.  Can you contact us through our Contact Us form and we can try to help troubleshoot any problems you're having?

Nov 11, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Well that's good to know, thanks for the info.

Contact request sent!