Error Connecting to Source Control: TF205027

Aug 31, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Hi,

I'm getting an error when trying to connect to the source control server, tfs.codeplex.com, in Visual Studio 2010.  I've followed the instructions for connecting to TFS in VS 2010 provided here on CodePlex.

TF31001: Cannot connect to Team Foundation Server at tfs.codeplex.com.  The server returned the following error: TF205027: The catalog node that you specified either does not exist, or you do not have sufficient permissions to access it.  Retry

My CodePlex project is DocProject.  I have pending changes and I'm simply trying to "go online" to get my solution back under source control.  I'm pretty sure this is the first time that I've tried reconnecting since the TFS server had been upgraded to TFS 2010.

Thanks,
Dave

Aug 31, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Hi,

I just tried reconnecting yet again and this time it worked, so I guess never mind :)

Thanks,
Dave

Aug 31, 2010 at 3:35 PM
Edited Aug 31, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Hi,

In case anybody else is wondering how to bring a VS 2010 solution back online, preserving all pending changes, what worked for me is simply opening the .sln file in notepad and changing the source control URL to the following:

SccTeamFoundationServer = https://tfs.codeplex.com/tfs

- Dave

Sep 8, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Hi,

I have the TF205027 issue. Today I was added to http://htchome.codeplex.com/  as a Developer.

Dec 23, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Here's something else to try for people having this problem:

1. Open Visual Studio without opening any solution file
  2. Select Team -> Connect to Team Foundation Server
  3. Click on the “Servers…” button, and remove the entry for tfs.codeplex.com
  4. Close and restart Visual Studio
  5. Select Team -> Connect to Team Foundation Server
  6. Click on “Servers…” button, then “Add…”
  7. Enter the following information and click OK:
    1. Name or URL of Team Foundation Server: tfs.codeplex.com
    2. Path: tfs
    3. Port number: 443
    4. Protocol: HTTPS
  8. Select the "tfs.codeplex.com" entry and click Close.
Dec 27, 2010 at 4:36 PM

In our case the TF205027 error seems to occur when our VPN tunnel is active. Shutting down the VPN allows the TFS connection to Codeplex to work again... :/