FileUpload Using Rest Sharp with Streaming

Aug 27, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Hi,

I have created one application with FileUpload . In that i'm using FileStream to Upload  Download the file through Rest Sharp service. What i done in the Rest Service page is, i have used filestream to get the upload fle content and stored in a buffer as by bytes[] and again i converted the object into streaming object. The process is working fine but what's the issue in that is , i dont want the stremed content in to the buffer i.e in bytes[] becaues its taking memory space and the streaming content will become slow. So  performance will be slow if i continue the above work process . What i need to improve the performance is ? i need to directly Stream the filecontent and stored it in stream object and return the stream object to the client from service as Stream only rather than Bytes[].  When i consume the serivce by Stream object directly from client i have faced with some issues. So people if you tried with the Stream Objects directly for FileUploading Process. Please share your knwoledge and Suggestions with me.

Let me know if you have any question in that. Please help me out with these issues.

Thanks in advance..