News Feeds

Jun 21, 2006 at 4:41 PM
I'm having unpredictable results on my news feeds. How often should the news feed page be updated from the RSS entries. I have posted entries on an RSS feed in my blog specifically to go to the CodePlex project and have not seen it appear. It does show when I check the RSS manually. I have even deleted the reference to the RSS and added back to get the same two prior posts and not the most recent.

I don't believe this is on my blog end. The posts are all in the same location and have all the same publication attributes but only 2 of the three are showing up.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
Jul 20, 2006 at 7:54 PM
I'm having the same problem. The feed I'm using is http://blogs.infosupport.com/ernow/category/205.aspx/rss
Sep 22, 2006 at 6:30 PM
I'm also having this problem... It's as if CodePlex is caching the RSS feed or something.
Sep 25, 2006 at 1:20 PM
I decided this news feature is un-usable for me. I've tried to hook it up to my "Live" spaces blog and it kinda worked the first time, but there were some issues with the blog so I changed some things on my spaces blog and the CodePlex news reader never picks it up. It just keeps showing my old out-dated info from my spaces blog.

Very annoying to say the least. I'd have thought it would automatically pick up any changes... The RSS feed seems not to be the problem as I can view it in any other RSS reader and it's always current CodePlex seems to have some Cached version that I can't get rid of.