Can I be "Project Administrators" of my own project?

Aug 18, 2010 at 6:37 PM
Hi all, Is it any way to be in "Project Administrators" security group of MY OWN PROJECT in TFS? At the moment, I, as the owner of project, am assigned in "Coordinators" group. By gaining the permission of "Project Administrators", I will have more control of work item etc. Does anyone know if it is possible? Thanks Tao
Aug 24, 2010 at 2:51 AM

Currently we don't allow project members to be Project Administrators because it would be easy to unknowningly break the integration with the CodePlex website.  Specifically what control are you looking for with work item tracking?

Thanks,
-Colin

Nov 10, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Hi everyone, I know this discussion is pretty old but my issue is similar and I didn't want to create a new one.  It appears that I need to be Project Administrator in order to access the "Source Control" Settings under Team -> Team Project Settings. What I want actually is to clear the "Enable multiple checkout" box so that a lock is forced on checkout. 

Thanks,
  Lucian

Nov 10, 2010 at 10:23 PM

You can use the Contact Us form to request clearing the "Enable multiple checkout" box on your project.

Nov 11, 2010 at 9:55 PM

My company uses TFS for its 36 development teams globally. I was assigned the task of "local" administration accidently! I totally understand the reason why I cannot be in "Project Administrators" group. However, I do wish some day, in the future i can reach, codeplex can let us to manage our own projects which can resolve lots of problems!

Regards

Tao