Re: Default threshold file "systemoverview.xml"

Apr 27, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Hi All,

I am new to this tool and it looks very promising. But a few quick questions.  I am bit confused with the default "System Overview" thresold file, the thresolds for "Each processor has 10 or more threads waiting" thresold file. Some sites suggest that the average system queue length should be 2 per processor. But here it is suggested as 10. I also would like to add the "Physical Disk Queue Length" and set a threshold for that. For instance the "Current Disk Queue length" depends on the number of disks we got. So in  RAID-1 where it's got 2 disks, the current disk queue length of around 3-4 is not that bad as it below the thresold value (My understanding is that each disk can sustain a value of 2 per disk!). How do I add this to the PAL?.

Kindly update.

Thanks a lot guys. I am looking forward to use this tool :).

Regards,
R.

Apr 28, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Hi,

This is the discussions for the CodePlex site iteslf. You would probably have better luck getting an answer by posting this on the specific project's disucssions.

Thanks,
Matt

Apr 28, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Thanks Matt. But really not sure where to post this. The only thing I am seeing here is "DIscussion" or "Issue tracker". Can you please point me in the right direction?. Thanks Matt.

Regards,

R.