Composite Application Guidance & samples help needed

Apr 14, 2010 at 2:14 PM
Hi, Am using Composite Application Guidance for WPF and Silverlight - February 2009 edition and getting started with that. I went through Silverlight Hands-On Lab: Getting Started with the Composite Application Library "Hello world" sample. Now am going through "View Discovery Composition QuickStart". In the UIComposition.Modules.Employee.EmployeeModule class, in the Initialize() event, two methods are called namely this.RegisterTypesAndServices(); this.RegisterViewsWithRegions(); 1. Unlike "Helloword" sample, why is that RegisterViewsWithRegions() method is used in this sample. 2. Also in the "Hello world" sample, regionManager.RegisterViewWithRegion("MainRegion", typeof(Views.HelloWorldView)); method is used in the Initialize() event . Where as in "View Discovery Composition QuickStart", following two methods are used. this.regionViewRegistry.RegisterViewWithRegion(RegionNames.SelectionRegion , () => this.container.Resolve<EmployeesListPresenter>().View); this.regionManager.RegisterViewWithRegion(RegionNames.MainRegion, () => this.container.Resolve<EmployeesPresenter>().View); I ve commented the above 2 methods and included this.regionManager.RegisterViewWithRegion("MainRegion", typeof(EmployeesView)); as in the "hello world sample", But the emplpoyee details are not shown. If the usage of View Discovery Composition matters, Please help me how these two methods are realetd to "View Discovery Composition ". Thanks Devasena