Fail to Connect to TFS using VS2010

Mar 16, 2010 at 8:22 PM
Hi, I'm having a real hard time connecting to the tfs server(s) on codeplex using the VS2010 (RC) Team Explorer. I expected this to work like it does in VS2008 but I keep getting a 404 Not Found error when trying to add a server. Any thoughts?
Mar 19, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Can you double check that you are using the following settings for your TFS server:

URL: tfsXX.codeplex.com
Port number: 443
Protocol: HTTPS
Preview URL should be: https://tfsXX.codeplex.com/

User: SND\obiwanjacobi_cp
Password: Your CodePlex password

If the problems still persists you can email us using the contact us page and we will help you debug the issue.

Thanks,
-Colin

Mar 19, 2010 at 7:26 PM

I was using the right information. I guess the VS2010 dlg box for adding a server is just faulty. When I typed the full url by hand it connected fine.

It is very misleading to be presented with a dialog with all the same knobs as the connection info for codeplex and its not working! Cost me a couple of hours  searching the internet and trying other stuff when in the end its very simple. Very frustrating.

You could help by adding a manual/setup instructions for the VS2010 Team Explorer. Because when I looked it only had information for VS2005 and VS2008 available.

Anyway, thanx for checking back.

Marc Jacobi