Time Warp

Oct 19, 2006 at 4:50 PM
Why are there releases with dates that have yet to occur? At this very moment, the three latest "releases" on the home page are for dates that have yet to occur, making them stay at the top of the list regardless of how many projects actually get released today.

Moreover, items 2 and 3 are different versions of the same project (that has yet to be released).

Kinda defeats the point of the list, doesn't it?
Oct 24, 2006 at 7:12 PM

This is a known bug that will be corrected in a future release.
Nov 20, 2006 at 5:02 PM
Is this going to be fixed any time soon? I don't even understand why the user has control of this in the first place.

People are abusing this daily to keep the same crummy projects at the top of the list, without actually releasing anything.
Nov 20, 2006 at 5:46 PM
It will be addressed in the next release (planned deployment of December 5).
Dec 14, 2006 at 7:56 PM
This apparently did not make it into that release. Currently, the front page shows that the two latest release won't happen for another two weeks.

... WHERE ReleaseDate <= getdate()
Dec 28, 2006 at 4:52 PM
Damn it, is anybody going to fix this? The current release of my project, which came out two days ago, is no longer on the front page because of a projects that was "released" January 1st 2007, four days from now. Worse still, two of those positions are for different version of the same project, one that has not posted ANY source code.

I guess I should just start screwing with my release dates, too...

Dec 28, 2006 at 5:39 PM
I apologize for the frustration, this will be fixed on Tuesday (1/2).