Feature Request: Contributor but not Developer

Jun 15, 2006 at 12:09 PM
I'd like to see an additional user type. One who is allowed to add and edit wiki pages but is not a developer thus does not have source code access.

This role is ideal for people that wish to participate more fully than just via discussions and comments but not necessarily have coding privileges. For my project especially I want to encourage people to have a role in doing edits and adds to the pages for maximum community involvement without having to give them access to edit of source code.

If Coordinators had permission within their Team project to add/remove users from the developer group. Then I as a work around I could add them as a developer via the site then go into TFS and remove them from developer and place them in a contributor role in which I could restrict the write access etc to source.

Ideally a developer who has access to the source repository and a contributor who only has wiki edit access would be ideal.
Jun 15, 2006 at 12:24 PM
I see within the Team Porject Groups there already exists a Users. This is the group I'd like to be able to add people to from the website and for this group to have read only access (all other options denied) on source code control
Jun 15, 2006 at 5:39 PM
We have both of these feature requests already in our list of things we're considering.

Thanks!
Jun 15, 2006 at 6:56 PM
Brad,

Great. Thanks!
Jun 15, 2006 at 6:57 PM
I wouldn't have posted it had I known. Apparently missed it in the tasks lists.