Checkin Restrictions

Oct 17, 2006 at 7:13 PM
Hi,

wanted to ask, if i can enable checkin restrictions. like that you allways have to add an work item when you check in.

and also i want to ask, if i can add an assigned to field in the issue tracking at the project website...

tia,
christoph
Oct 17, 2006 at 10:07 PM
We do not support checkin restrictions at this time.

There is an "assigned to" field in the issue tracker, available on the web site.
Oct 18, 2006 at 12:42 AM
yep, you can filter it. but i think it is very important for an developer to see to whoom the work item is assigned to.

and also i would find it very important to add an short description when you create an new project.
because when i watch new projects, i only have its name and not any more infos. and so the "new projects" box is pretty useless.
Oct 18, 2006 at 3:24 AM
> yep, you can filter it. but i think it is very important for an developer to see to whoom the work item is assigned to

I'm not sure I understand what this means. You can assign the work item, and you can see that data on the site. Why would the developer not have access to this information? It's on the site.

> and also i would find it very important to add an short description when you create an new project.

There is a description, but today it's hard to find it. :) You can see it on the site-wide RSS feed (which is, IMO, the best way to track new projects). You can also see parts of it on the project directory. We're taking this to heart and will be addressing this general complaint in a variety of ways in a future release.
Oct 18, 2006 at 5:59 PM
i often go to the SourceCode tab and the IssueTracker tab to see whats happening on my project. and on the IssueTracker tab theres directly no information at whoom the items are assigned to. yep, i know i could open each item. but thats many clicks. what would be best is, that if i'm assiged to the project, that i see there in the columns per default also to whoom it is assigned to, and also who updated the item. and what would it make it also better is, if the different Types (task, Issue,...) have different icons or colors. so you see directly how much of each types are there.
Oct 18, 2006 at 7:19 PM
These are all good suggestions. Please log them in the Issue Tracker and we will triage them during our normal planning meetings.

Thanks!