Cannot Download Anything

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:14 PM

I cannot download anything from CodePlex with IE 8.  When I click on a download link, I get the download information bar at the top of the browser window.  When I select "download file", the browser seems to be loading something, but then stops and the page is marked "done". No download is started.

Is there some setting in IE 8 that I need to configure.

Works okay with FIrefox - but really...

Frazer

Feb 26, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Hi Frazer,

We are aware of this issue and currently working on a fix for it.  To download in IE you'll need to:

1) Click on the Download button & agree to the EULA
2) Click "Download file" in the IE info bar
3) Click again on the Download button & agree to the EULA

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks,
-Colin

Mar 2, 2010 at 3:36 PM

I cannot download anything from Codeplex with any browser.  I've tried IE, Firefox, and Safari, all with the same result.  I see the EULA, I click on Accept, and nothing happens.

Mar 2, 2010 at 5:04 PM
waltnorman wrote:

I cannot download anything from Codeplex with any browser.  I've tried IE, Firefox, and Safari, all with the same result.  I see the EULA, I click on Accept, and nothing happens.

Are you having this experience with all files on CodePlex or just one?  Can you provide a link to a file that is giving you this issue?

Thanks,
-Colin

Mar 2, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Colin, I've had a significant number of users report that issue with the download button on the front page for Rawr, every time there's a new release. They typically say they've tried multiple browsers, all fails, but that downloading it from the Downloads page works fine.

There have been a few issues logged in Rawr's issue tracker about it, such as http://rawr.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=16433. There's more if you just search for 'download'.

Mar 2, 2010 at 8:39 PM

If you receive a report of someone having download trouble, can you refer them to our Contact Us page?  Only a very small percentage of people have download trouble, so we generally need to get detailed information from the user to diagnose the problem.

Mar 2, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Astrylian, reading that work item it sounds like they are having the same problem Frazer did.  I outlined workaround steps for IE above.

We are currently working on a fix for this issue.

Thanks,
-Colin

Mar 2, 2010 at 9:00 PM

I'm having this problem with everything I try to download.  I've tried Sandcastle, Rawr, and the AJAX Control Toolkit, all with the same behavior.  I have downloaded the AJAX toolkit before, but not recently.

Nov 12, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Downloading from the download-page and from source->download only yields a grey overlay with no content over the actual page

in Firefox 4 (Linux X86-64) and all 3 Android-browsers (System-Browser, Dolphin-HD and Firefox for Android).

Nov 14, 2010 at 6:17 PM
Edited Nov 14, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Yeah, I'm in the same boat here.  CODEPLEX....FAIL.  What ever happened to a simple link to the file?   IE9 Beta works fine, FYI.

Nov 18, 2010 at 7:15 AM

There seems to be some kind of incompatibility between Firefox 4 and the version of JQuery we're using.  The latest version of JQuery seems to fix the issue, so we'll be upgrading to it in our next release to solve this problem.

Nov 18, 2010 at 8:59 AM
jwanagel wrote:

There seems to be some kind of incompatibility between Firefox 4 and the version of JQuery we're using.  The latest version of JQuery seems to fix the issue, so we'll be upgrading to it in our next release to solve this problem.

This issue does NOT only exist with Firefox 4.

DolphinHD, Firefox and the Webkit-based system-browser on Android all 3 also show this behavior of your site.