Update Panel Problem

Sep 12, 2007 at 6:20 AM
hi,
I am showing a modal pop up in the screen which contains some text boxes and drop downs. I have save and cancel buttons in the modal pop up. Save should make a post back and cancel will clear all the controls on the pop up. I have placed the cancel button in the Update panel. in the cancel click event I am clearing all the controls and hiding the modal pop up. every thing works fine but the text in the controls is not getting cleared. How to solve this
Sep 13, 2007 at 12:04 PM
hi
if you are doing post back at cancel event then you have to put all text boxes in update panel to clear their contents, if you are not doing post back at cancel event then write a javascript code (set the text property of your textbox="") which will be called onClientClick event of cancel button, i ope you problem will be resolved

thanx

uday_mandava wrote:
hi,
I am showing a modal pop up in the screen which contains some text boxes and drop downs. I have save and cancel buttons in the modal pop up. Save should make a post back and cancel will clear all the controls on the pop up. I have placed the cancel button in the Update panel. in the cancel click event I am clearing all the controls and hiding the modal pop up. every thing works fine but the text in the controls is not getting cleared. How to solve this