Is this site dead?

Sep 8, 2007 at 10:02 PM
Hi CodePlex team,

I just wondered whether this site is still under active development. The latest release is from June this year (which is three months ago). At the beginning of the project I read somewhere that you guys plan to release every four weeks. Also, the forums and issue tracker lists of the CodePlex site do not appear as managed as in first quarter of this year.

It is not my intention to vituperate this team (I really love this site) but I am afraid this site might get closed or at least slowly die like gotdotnet...

So are you only fighting with limited resources or is there brewing?
Sep 8, 2007 at 11:13 PM
It is my understinding that they are developing SvnBridge at the present and have sort of stopped development of CodePlex at the moment.
Sep 9, 2007 at 12:41 AM
The site is still under active development, we have more developers working on the CodePlex team currently then ever before. Our last release was in July and our next release will be in the next few weeks, and after that we will resume our regular deployment schedule of every three weeks.

There is an unusually long gap between the last and next release because of a combination of we're working on some things that couldn't be broken up into three week chunks, and we've been putting a lot of effort into SvnBridge. It's also summer here which means a lot of vacations so slows things some as well.
Sep 9, 2007 at 2:22 PM

z2bass wrote:
It is my understinding that they are developing SvnBridge at the present and have sort of stopped development of CodePlex at the moment.

OK, I did not realize that they have put all their resources into SvnBridge. But this makes a lot of sense to me because I can imagine that creating an SVN/TFS bridge could be rather complex. In fact I am very impressed that the CodePlex team has started such an undertaking!

jwanagel wrote:
The site is still under active development, we have more developers working on the CodePlex team currently then ever before.

Great to here that! :-)

It's also summer here which means a lot of vacations so slows things some as well.

What? You guys have time to vacation? May be I should change the employer ;-)
Sep 11, 2007 at 4:39 AM
Edited Sep 12, 2007 at 4:25 PM
It could be helpful that I mention that I was beginning to wonder, too, what was going on. I stopped myself twice from posting a query, assuming things surely had to be going ok. It was odd, however - after months of regular updates, there was almost complete silence. Granted, I did notice that there were regular and (for a while, at least) furious updates to the SvnBridge project. I am also keenly aware of the need to break out of regular iterations and do some background work. However, the almost complete silence was unsettling. Perhaps, going forward, just a periodic note of progress would serve to placate anxiety. It doesn't have to be daily or even weekly, just something to let us know you haven't forgotten us.

O.T.
@terrajobst - a $10 word on an web forum, where just a proofread and spellchecked post is a gleaming jewel to cherish? Wherefore? ;)