Aug 31, 2007 at 4:50 PM
I need to get this working today by day's end or I get the ax. My boss is a prick not to mention behind the times in development. Plus, he can't work with women. I am trying to teach him how to create help documents using sandcastle, but I can't get this darn thing to work. First, there us like NO documentation on how to use the sandcastle tool. I need some in addition to instructions for which I hope to get via this website. Second, I am not sure what you consider to be assemblies. I understand the assembly to be the Assembly.ico file. Is that right? If not, then what is the assemblies you refer to at the top of the gui? Also, I have project dependencies for which I have dll, but I do not have a dll for the main project. Do I need to create a dll for the main project to use in sandcastle? If so, how do I do that for VS2005? The project by default in VS2005 does not come with dll.

I tried using sandcastle from the commandline, entering command line arguments, but apparently, I did not have very clear documentation because the tool failed.

Got help?

Aug 31, 2007 at 10:46 PM
Sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately I think you're in the wrong place for assistance. Try going to http://forums.microsoft.com