SHAREPOINT 2007 Membership AD Provider, PeoplePicker problem

Aug 14, 2007 at 2:43 AM
Hi,
I'm using MembershipADProvider in my SharePoint site. Below is the providers element in web.config:

<add name="MembershipADProvider" type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" connectionStringName="ADConnectionString" connectionUsername="domain\administrator" connectionPassword="password" attributeMapUsername="sAMAccountName" />

The login page works fine. But using the central administration, i can't assign the site collection administrator. As a result, i get the access denied error for all the users. I changed PeoplePickerWildcards element as follows:

<PeoplePickerWildcards>
<clear />
<add key="MembershipADProvider" value="%" />
</PeoplePickerWildcards>

But still i can't resolve the domain user names in the Central Administration. I have been stuck on this for a long time from now.

What is the mistake i'm doing?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kas_AspNet
Dec 18, 2007 at 9:36 PM
They key is that AD uses * not % as its wildcard. Change your peoplepicker to <add key="MembershipADProvider" value="*" />

;-)
Dec 20, 2007 at 3:30 AM
This discussion area is for matters related to CodePlex. I'm glad that papabear was able to help you; however, in the future, please post queries related to hosted projects in their own discussion area. Or, if your query is not related to CodePlex or a hosted project, you are more likely to find help elsewhere (perhaps the MSDN Forurms). Thanks!
Jan 9, 2008 at 2:34 PM
Thanks for This