Recent Check ins

Sep 10, 2006 at 7:28 PM
There appears to be no way to limit who can see activity on a project on the Source code page. I am currently uploading tranches of an existing codebase. Each time I checkin an item appears that is visible by everyone. Such status info can only be of interest internally and not the world at large. Worse, attached to each "Recent Checkin" is a download button...it seems wrong to me to offer access to a cut of code that will never ever be supported and might just be confusing.

Sep 10, 2006 at 7:31 PM
Also work items seem to be visible to all. Can you offer the option to make them visible to project members only?
Sep 10, 2006 at 9:23 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, you should log them in the issue tracker. That's where we try and keep track of all the feature requests as we continue developing the website.

Can you expand on why you want to hide your work items from your users? It helps us to understand why features are needed.
Sep 10, 2006 at 9:51 PM
work items, it seems to me, have to do with the internal management of a teams resources and how it achieves its goals.

this is independent of users requirements. i would prefer to agree the content of a given release and then use work items internally to manage how the team achieves this.