Does the DAAB SqlCeDatabase class work on Windows Mobile 5 (Pocket PC)?

Jun 28, 2007 at 9:21 PM
Hi All,

Does any one know whether I can use the newly released DAAB update for SQL Server Compact Edition assembly to access .sdf files on a Windows Mobile 5 device?

I just starting playing with "Enterprise Library 3.1 - May 2007" because of the Sql Server Compact Edition support, but ran into issues when trying to run my app on my Dell Axim X50 (Windows Mobile 5). It seems the SqlCeDatabase project references desktop .NET assemblies (System.dll, System.XML.dll, System.Data.dll) located and not the CE based ones. When I run my app on the pocket pc, I get the following error:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.TypeLoadException' occurred in MobileDesignRepository.exe
Additional information: Could not load type 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.SqlCe.SqlCeDatabase' from assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.SqlCe, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=DFE7C825CCFDFC7D'.

Also, DAAB SqlCe uses the desktop 'DataSet' class and not the CE one. Is it really only meant to access .sdf files from the desktop?

Can anyone give me a definitive answer on this?

Thanks a bunch,
ealimam
Jun 29, 2007 at 3:04 AM
This forum is for CodePlex web site questions and issues only. Please re-post your question to the appropriate project's forums.

Thanks!