Feature Request: Project blog

May 23, 2006 at 11:46 AM
It would be nice to have a separate tab with a blog (and maybe a separate newsfeed) where you can post news about the project. You can pull this off by editing the home page of your Wiki and making it like a blog, but it's a fair amount of effort for each entry rather than something simple like a blog that only discusses upcoming releases, bug fixes, workarounds, etc.
May 23, 2006 at 5:58 PM
The News Feeds functionality is intended to serve this purpose. Rather than adding another blog, we allow you to aggregate existing RSS feeds and put them in the News Feeds area of your project.

With many blog engines, you can RSS feeds for specific categories. This allows you to keep your existing blog and its readership, while selectively publishing portions of it to your CodePlex page.

This is, in fact, how the CodePlex Information and Discussion News Feeds section is configured. :)
May 23, 2006 at 8:23 PM
Okay, backwards to the way I'm using it then. I have my news feeds tab pointing at the CodePlex project itself so people can go there and see the changes (without having to subscribe to a feed) but having feeds published up to the News Feeds page works too. Thanks.